Technology has revolutionized the way companies and individuals do business in Nevada. The way we consume news and information, and how businesses communicate and compete in the global marketplace has changed. Now more than ever, businesses and individuals have come to expect “instant communications” and reliable systems to conduct important business transactions, communicate with clients and keep abreast of changing business and industry trends.
The telecommunications marketplace has grown increasingly complex. Even with terms such as ISPs and VoIP becoming more commonplace among the user community, telecommunications companies must be diligent and seek specialized legal advice for this dynamic and rapidly changing industry.
Kaempfer Crowell has one of Nevada’s leading attorneys in telecommunication law with particular expertise in the following:
Internet Protocol communications
Regulation and business opportunities in VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol)
Negotiation of interconnection agreements between and among telecommunications companies, Internet service providers and governmental agencies
Litigation of interconnection agreements between and among telecommunications companies, Internet service providers and governmental agencies.
- Protected clients’ interests in the face of hostile utility legislation and has represented key developers at state Public Utility Commission hearings
- Successfully represented the competitive telecommunications carriers in a variety of matters
- Received a favorable outcome for a major telecommunications carrier rate case for unbundled network elements and the determination of both major carrier's performance metrics on services provided to other carriers
- Aggressively and successfully pursued several carrier-to-carrier complaints for competitive telecommunications clients
- Litigated and negotiated numerous interconnection agreements between competitive telecommunications carriers and incumbent local exchange companies
Kaempfer Crowell's clients include internationally-based telecommunications and computer technology companies. The Firm also has considerable expertise working with Federal, state and local governmental and regulatory agencies.